Mariners Cove Association Board May 22, 2021
Call to Order: 9 am
Attendees: Carol Hassebrock, Ralph Tepel, Chris Urquhart, Brooks Friedland, Eric Hedges
Minutes: Motion to approve April minutes as e-mailed by Chris, second by Carol. Approved.
Financial Report: Motion to approve financial report as presented via email by Eric, second by Chris. Approved.
Facilities and grounds report: Ralph/Brooks
- Handrail upgrade Bldg 1. First handrail is installed and the remainder will be ordered next week.
- Moss/Balcony glass. Didn’t get to this during the clean up party.
- Mail Box Replace. Ordered, there is a six week lead time. Ralph and Brooks have looked at the structure and began planning. There was an additional $400 charge to have the unit number engraving painted.
- Community work day was successful.
CCR rewrite update: In progress.
Annual Meeting. Owner’s package has been emailed out. Ralph will print out copies for those that are not electronically inclined.
Building Fund, Scheduled Maintenance and Upcoming Projects. Study in progress.
- Pruning of shrubs. Several owners have requested pruning of vegetation that blocks water view in front of their units. Board to request Gary to use his horticultural experience to review vegetation and proper way to trim.
- Parking Issues. South parking area is a no parking area due to car wash and it is also subject to flooding in high rain and high tide conditions. Motion by Carol to post signage that south car wash area is a no parking and open up some of the reserved RV spaces against the back wall for building 2 parking. Second by Brooks. Approved.
- Gutters. In the past, building 3 had major rot problem on balconies which necessitated repair/replace of balconies on building 3. Units 255 and 254 were not repaired at that time as there were no rot issues. A1 gutters has provided a quote for $318 to add gutters to those two units. Motion by Eric to approve up to $350 to add gutters to units 255 and 254 that were omitted for cost saving reasons the first time around. Second by Chris. Approved.
Executive Session entered at 10:07AM.
Executive Session ended at 10:25AM. Action taken: Board to request response from owner of subject unit.
Next meeting…June 5 Annual Meeting
Motion to adjourn by Eric at 10:31AM. Second by Carol. Approved.