September 20, 2013


President:†††††††††††††††††††††††††† Cathy Tepel


Vice President:†††††††††††††††† Jim Morehouse


Secretary†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Kim Burgess


Treasurer:†††††††††† ††††††††††††††† Carol Hassebrock


Board Members:††††††††††††† Wayne Holverstott

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Chris Urquhart


ABSENT:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Deanne Wright


CALL TO ORDER:†††††††††††††† 9:00 AM


Call to order by President Cathy Tepel.


GUESTS:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† None.




MINUTES:†††††††††††††††††††††††††† Motion made by Carol to approve the minutes as presented.† 2nd by Chris.† Approved.


FINANCIAL REPORT:†††††† Presented by Carol.† Motion made by Chris to accept as presented.† 2nd by Kim.† Approved.


††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Carol advised MCCA are not required to have a yearly audit.† With member approval, audit could be conducted every couple of years.† Current cost is $5,500.00.† Carol to discuss with auditor.




††††††† Grounds:†††††††††††††††††††† Cathy advised that the tennis court needs to be cleaned as well as the gardens and back wall.† Cathy will discuss with the gardeners.


††††††† Maintenance:†††††††††† Wayne gave an update on the progress of re-siding building one.† Painting of on building three is complete.†


Bid to be obtained for painting the trim on building one.


Nail pops occurring on the inside of several units caused by the siding replacement.†

Motion made by Carol that the Board will cover the cost of repairing nail pops caused by siding instillation but repainting will be up to the owner. 2nd by Chris.† Approved.


Request by three owners in building one to add additional handrails for upper units.† Motion made by Carol to add handrails to all units to make them all uniform. 2nd by Wayne.† Approved.


Wayne will install secondary handrails to all upper units in building one and paint them black.


Carol advised that the railing on the upper patio of building one needs to be replaced or modified as the rails are too far apart and a child could fall through or get stuck.† Wayne to obtain a bid for replacing railing.


Wayne contacted Lynden Glass regardin finishing glass replacement.


††††††††††††††† Sales:††††††††††††††††††† Cathy advised that one unit sold at a cost of $199,990.00.


OLD BUSINESS:†††††††††††††††† Attorney and governing documents.


††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Carol presented a draft of the Sixth Amendment to Condominium Declaration for Marinerís Cover as prepared by the attorney.† Modifications discussed.† Cathy advised that the rental amendments should be removed and filed separately.†


NEW BUSINESS:†††††††††††††† Issues with alleged illegal activities on property.


††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Itís been observed that illegal activities are taking place on Marinerís Cove property.† Motion made by Carol that the owner be contacted by letter and advised of the activities occurring in his unit and request that he removed his renters.† 2nd by Kim.† Approved.


††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Security.


††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Discussion regarding recent thefts and damage to property.† Wayne suggested moving the boat currently stored next to the bike shed to create more exposure to this area.† Cathy will re-assign a parking space for the boat owner and make this a no-parking area.


††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Discussion regarding obtaining additional security cameras and installing more lighting.† Three camera options presented by Cathy with a higher resolution and storage capacity.† Motion made by Carol to purchase cameras to cover more of the parking lot.† 2nd by Chris.† Approved.†


††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Wayne will contact an electrician to run power to the shed for additional lighting and camera installation.


OTHER BUSINESS:††††††††††† Booking clubouse.


††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Process for reserving the clubhouse modified.† Carol will clarify in upcoming letter to owners that the clubhouse should be reserved by placing your name and unit number on the calendar in the clubhouse kitchen to avoid booking conflicts.†


Motion to adjourn by Cathy.† 2nd by Kim.† Approved.


ADJOURNMENT:††††††††††††† 11:00 am


Next meeting:†††††††††††††††††† October 19, 2013 at 9:00 am







Kimberli Burgess, Secretary