MARINERS COVE CONDOMINIUM OWNERS
DEC. 13, 2003
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
PRESENT: Daun Botta Pillo, Marianne Shotwell, Ken Russell, Mark Simard, Larry Kosterewa.
**Also Present 1 (one) Association Condominium Owner.
ABSENT: Nancy Stull, George Emmett.
“Special Meeting”Meeting convened @ 9:00 am, Board Member Ken Russell Presiding.
Agenda: 1) Introduction of Board Members to Darrel Robinson.
2) Repair to water damaged unit’s #230, 239, & 253.
2) Quality of work done by “Handyman Solutions” Darrel Robinson.
3) New Handyman.
4) Sub Contractor
5) Keys for Handyman & Contractor
1) The Board did a walk through Phase 2 in re of the Pressure Washing.
2) Darrel agreed to re-do the Pressure washing at his own expense.
3) The moss on the roof will be reviewed again at a later date. The solution applied must have time to take its course. Per Darrel, if necessary he will re-apply the solution and when the moss dies the moss debris will be removed out of the gutters.
4) The missing down spout in phase 2 after the gutter cleaning was replaced within a day after Darrel was informed of this.
5) The Board had an open discussion on using Darrel as a general contractor and the possibility of using a new found Handyman who is experienced and lives within walking distance to Mariners Cove. Leo Heisner will work for $14.00 / Hr. (In comparison to Darrel at $25.00 / Hr.)
6) The Board agreed to have Darrel repair Unit #239 (Marianne Shotwell’s) first. Since Marianne is a board member it was decided by all present that this would be a good way to track the quality of work by Darrel.
7) MOTION: Larry K. moved to hire Leo E. Heisner at $14.00 / hr. up to a maximum of 25 Hrs. per month as an employee handyman.
MOTION 2nd By Marianne Shotwell.
VOTE FOR : Unanimous OPPOSED : 0
8) Daun will do a background check on Leo and agreed to deal with new locks and keys for common area storage rooms. The reason for this was so that a contractor or handyman would not have access to master keys to the residential units.
9) Darrel expressed that he would much rather sub-contract than work as a handyman.
10) Darrel said he would start repairs on Dec.29/03.
11) MEETING ADJOURNED AT 10:30 am